Liliya Gumenik, DPM
Doctor Liliya Gumenik is a highly trained podiatrist specialized in foot and ankle disease including foot pain, diabetic foot, wound care and many other diseases of the feet.
She completed degree in Biochemistry with high honors from Hunter College NY in less than 3 years. During her undergraduate studies she was involved in multiple research projects and participated in numerous conferences. Upon competition she became adjunct professor in CUNY and was teaching chemistry and nutrition while pursuing her medical degree in NYCPM.
She received multiple recognitions during her studies in New York College of Podiatric Medicine where she completed her medical degree.
Dr. Gumenik continued to sharpen her skills and knowledge in highly rated versatile residency in podiatric medicine and surgery at NSLIJ Forest Hills Hospital, where she underwent extensive training in all aspects of podiatric medicine and completed comprehensive rotations in internal medicine, surgery, emergency medicine, orthopedics, pathology, infection disease, wound care and Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy. During her training Dr Gumenik worked in multiple hospitals and wound care centers in Long Island and Queens. During her extensive training she attained a highly regarded Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Certification.
Dr. Gumenik is board certified by American Board of Podiatric Medicine, she has a special interest in diabetes, wound care, kinesiology and surgery. She is using her extensive knowledge and skills to treat multiple foot pathologies. She is affiliated with NSLIJ Lenox Hill Hospital, Forest Hills Hospital and SIUH.
If you experience foot pain that restricts your daily activities and affects your quality of life, have ingrown nails or diabetes, have a non-healing ulcer or if your bunions or hammer toe make it difficult to find comfortable shoes – Dr. Gumenik will work with you to find the best available treatment tailored to your lifestyle.
- July 2013-Present – Private practice, all aspects of podiatry
- February 2014-Present – Attending at Northwell Health
- August 2010-August 2013 – Forest Hills Hospital-NSLIJ, Forest Hills, NY
Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Certification
during residency extensive training in all aspects of podiatry and comprehensive rotations in internal medicine, emergency medicine, surgery, orthopedics, pathology, infection disease, wound care and HBO based on Forest Hills, Syosset, Glen Cove, Plainview, Nassau University hospitals and two major wound care centers in Plainview and Nassau University Medical Center.
- January 2007-June 2008 – KBCC- City University of New York
Adjunct faculty Chemistry Department
Chemistry and Nutrition teacher
- January 2006-December 2006 – KBCC- City University of New York
PLTL Workshops Chem and Bio leader
- September 2006 – May 2010 – New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- January 2004 – July – Hunter College – City University of New York
B.A. in Chemistry – Biochemistry track
(Departmental Honors Program)
- 2002-2004 – Kingsborough Community College – City University of New York
- October 2013 – ABPM certification exam-PASS
- May 2013 – ABPS qualification exam-PASS
- March 2013 – Arthrex Podiatry Fellows and Last Year Residents
Course: Classroom and Surgical Skills Cadaveric Training
at the Surgical Skills Training Center in Naples, Florida
- September 2012 – AO North America: Podiatric Basic Workshop:
Faculty has taught anatomic reduction of fracture Fragments, atraumatic surgical techniques, used to Preserve blood supply to bone fragments and soft tissues, And early, pain-free mobilization
- 2012 – BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED), American Heart Association
- 2012 – ACLS
Honors and Awards
- June 2012 – Outstanding Podiatry Resident Award
- January 2007 – Certificate of Achievement for outstanding Performance in Genetic, Cell Bio and Histology
- May 2003 – Phi Theta Kappa Society
- November 2003 – Certificate of Achievement for the excellent poster Presentation at the MACUB Conference
- January 2005 – Clara Fisher Scholarship Award
- February 2005 – Golden Key International Honor Society–invitation